Tuesday 14 September 2010

Structured Settlements?

Ok so since nobody will know basically I'm starting university soon so I'm renting a house with my student loan along with 6 others but I'm looking for something to invest in since I get paid in big lump sums. Been searching around thinking of doing something with property since it has such a high return, came across things called structured settlements...

I tried wikipedia on the structured settlements page to understand it but it sounds as though its basically a payoff for when you sue someone for a personal injury claim? Does anyone know what they are though? I don't think it has anything to do with housing but still I'd like to know what it means if anybody knows or can explain very simply. Thank you.

19 comments:

  1. I don't think I can help you out much with that, but I'll be checking back to see if i can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol a structured settlement is like when you have to pay someone... but i really dont know...

    following

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry man, I don't know much about finances

    ReplyDelete
  4. try investing in foreign stocks (asia,india) or go with blue chip companies who pay regular dividends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will have a look into it thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure, but keep looking, someone has to know something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know it has something to do with you paying more because it's over time. Also I'm your 100th subscriber!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No idea.. are you wanting to purposefully get hurt so you can get paid? rofl.


    hmm... might not be a bad idea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with that stuff man

    ReplyDelete
  10. find a house in ur area for u guys to make payments toward instead of renting

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, renting will eat up your money pretty damn fast.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is England to make payments towards a house for only 6 years would be incredibly expensive. I know it eats through money but its just how university works here in the UK. Thanks though. Cheers for the support everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  13. really good read mate.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it's only in the US that you can actually afford a house as a student or recently graduated person. All over Europe most people rent all their lives I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  15. try cds at a local bank. where im at i can double my money in 10 months. cant touch it till then though.

    http://healthyjuice9259.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete